|First Class Name.|
|Pin showing that student has finished the Class.|
|Friend Ribbon. For the Advanced Class.|
|Friend Chevron. To be placed on the Left Sleeve.|
- Be 10 years old and/or in Grade 5 or its equivalent.
- Be an active member of the AJY Society or Pathfinder Club
- Memorize and explain the Pathfinder Pledge and Law.
- Read the book The Happy Path (or similar book on the Pledge and Law).
- Have a current Book Club Certificate.
Know, sing or play, and explain the meaning of the Pathfinder Song.
- Memorize the Old Testament books of the Bible and know the five areas into which the books are grouped. Demonstrate your ability to find any given book.
- Have a current memory gem certificate.
- Know and explain Psalm 23 or Psalm 46.
- During several worship periods, read with your parents the historical prologue to the book Early Writings and list the main events of the SDA church or fulfill other options as mentioned on page 26.
- Complete the crossword puzzle based on the prologue to Early Writings.
- In consultation with your leader choose one of the following Old Testament characters: Joseph, Jonah, Esther or Ruth. And discuss with your group, Christ's loving care and deliverance as shown in the story.
- By consultation with your leader, work out ways to spend at least two hours expressing your friendship to someone in need in your community by doing any two of the following:
- Visit someone who needs friendship.
- Help someone in need.
- With the help of others spend a half day on a community, school, or church project.
Bring at least two visitors to Sabbath School or Pathfinder meetings.
- List ten qualities of being a good friend, and discuss four everyday situations where you have practiced the "Golden Rule."
- Know your National Anthem and explain its meaning.
Demonstrate good table manners with a group of persons of various ages.
Health and Fitness
- Complete the following:
- Discuss the temperance principles in the life of Daniel, or participate in a presentation or role play on Daniel 1.
- Memorize and explain Daniel 1:8, and either sign the appropriate pledge card or design your own pledge card showing why you choose a life style in harmony with the true principles of temperance.
Organization and Leadership Development
Plan and take a three hour or 8 km Hike. Plan to complete a requirement under the Nature Study or Outdoor Life sections or a Nature Honor.
- Complete one of the following honors: Cats, Dogs, Mammals, Seeds, Bird Pets.
- Know different methods of purifying water and demonstrate your ability to build a camp shelter. Consider the significance of Jesus as the water of life and as our refuge place.
Know and identify ten wild flowers and ten insects in your area.
- Know how ropes are made and demonstrate how to care for rope in the correct manner. Tie and know the practical use of the following knots: Overhand, Granny,
- Square, Slip, Double Bow, Two Half Hitches, Clove Hitch, Bowline.
- Participate in an overnight CAMPOUT.
- Pass a test in general safety.
- Pitch and strike a tent and make a camp bed.
- Know ten hiking rules, and know what to do when lost.
- Learn the signs for track and trail. Be able to lay a 2 km. trail that others can follow and be able to track a 2 km. trail.
- Start a fire with one match, using natural materials, and keep that fire going.
- Properly use the knife and axe, and know ten safety rules in their use.
- Tie five speed knots.
- Demonstrate baking, boiling and frying camp food.
Complete one Honor in Arts and Crafts.
Complete one Honor in Vocational or Outdoor Industries.